Friday, October 15, 2010

Our Daily Bread

 I have recently started a journal.  Well, maybe not recently, a couple of months ago.  In my journal, instead of beginning with "Dear Diary," I begin with "Dear God,".  It's kinda of a way for me to talk to God.  I usually can write better than I talk because I can take my time and think more carefully about what I want to say.  I use it as my time of prayer.  It's going pretty good but we all can use improvement on areas dealing with God because if we aren't moving forward in our faith then I believe we are moving backwards.  I would much rather move forward, wouldn't you?  
Anyways, I also read a pamphlet called " Our Daily Bread".
Today's study talks about spreading the Gospel.  This passage speaks to me so much.  I'm going to quote it.
I told my doctor who is an agnostic that he should be glad God created us.  Seeing a needle in his hands, I wondered, Perhaps I should keep quiet.  But I added, "If we are still evolving, then you wouldn't know the exact spots to place those needles." He asked, " Do you really believe in God?"  I replied, "Of course.  Aren't we intricately made?"  I was thankful for this opportunity to begin to witness to my doctor. 
In today's Bible reading, Paul charged Timothy to point people to the Savior. "Preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4:2) is not addressed only to preachers, however.   The word preach means "to make it known."  God's people can do this over a cup of coffee or in school with friends.  We can make known the good news of what God has done for us wherever, whenever, and to anyone who is open and seeking.  We can let them know that God loves us and sees our hurts, failures, and weaknesses.  Through the death  and resurrection of Christ Jesus, God broke the stranglehold of sin over us.  And to all those who will open their heart to the Savior, He will come to live in them.
Let's not be afraid to make known what God has done for us. -- Albert Lee
Please read 2 Timothy 4:1-5.



No comments:

Post a Comment