Monday, December 19, 2011

Almost Christmas.....

     Here are some pictures that I took on Saturday.  Remember I told you guys that I would be going to a local yarn shop that I found.  Well, I did and it was wonderful.  It was just like entering a whole new world. There were so many different fibers, textures and colors to choose from.  It was almost overwhelming but I liked it.  LOL! 
I picked up some yarn to start my first lace project with.  After Christmas I may stop back in and pickup a set of lace circulars.


The yarn in the pictures are fingerling weight, 210 yds., 70% Baby Alpaca and 30% silk.  From Marks & Kattens.  Shade 708.  
This is the first time I've ventured out of my comfort zone in fibers.  I absolutely love the way this yarn feels.  It's so soft.
     I could go on and on about yarn but I'm not so now I'll post some pictures of my babies. Mary loves to draw in case you couldn't tell by the intense concentration. 

 The next pictures are of the projects that Lexi gets to do on Saturday mornings with Reese.  She calls it her daddy dates. LOL. Here is a game that she built.  
 These are the whole collection.  Well, minus one because I forgot to get a picture of the bank that she made.  I'll have to post that later.  She hammered the nails and put the stickers on. 
 There was suppose to be an engine to complete the train but she didn't get to make that.  But we can get the kits after Christmas.  Which we plan to do. 

I will leave this for Saturday's post late.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment