Friday, May 30, 2014

A New Yarn

Hello everyone,
I'm super excited to show you some of my yarn that I've finished spinning.
It is 50/50 llama and Suffolk wool.  It was given to me by my DGIL (dear grandmother in-law) she had her llama and sheep sheared about 15 years ago and it has been in storage since then.  When I took up spinning she graciously gave it to me.  So here are some pictures of  before it was spun.

Here it is spun up into singles.


Washing and rinsing after being Navajo plied.




Then finally drying and I can't wait to start knitting it up into something.




Right now I'm working on a pair of fingerless gloves for my DD using some of my hand spun BFL.  I've finished her scarf and I'll post some pictures of that next time.
These next pictures are some flowers from a plant called vetch.  You can buy it to plant but we have it growing wild here.  The cows love it and it is really good for them too.




So I believe I will leave you with those and I hope you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment